Vanguard Awarded 2007 Industry Leader of the Year
Vanguard needed to create one self check-in application that could be leveraged by both National and Alamo, serving business travelers and vacationing families, respectively.
Both types of targeted customers are easily frustrated by long lines, and both are conditioned to self-service via the airlines’ self check-in kiosks. Vanguard’s solution needed to accelerate processing time significantly, automate data capture, eliminate signatures, and consistently present additional products (insurance, fuel, upgrades) in an easy, user-friendly interface. The kiosks needed to be located in airport rental areas throughout the US, acting as a supplement to their Rental Agent staff.
The component integrations needed to support these objectives include a barcode reader for reservation data generation and retrieval, credit card reader, driver’s license reader, and rental agreement receipt printer.
Vanguard, KIOSK, and Nanonation created the first car rental agreement kiosk, positioning Alamo and National as leaders in the industry. Now fully deployed in airports across the US, Vanguard cites success on all objectives:
- 20 - 35% reduction in rental transaction time
- Consistent reinforcement of Brand Messaging
- National - Speed and choice
- Alamo - Hassle-free vacation
- Consistent presentation of ancillary products with constant or increased revenue results (as compared to personal Rental Agent sales motion).
- Customer engagement with self-service offering
- 100% accurate data capture
- Intellicheck Device perfectly captures driver’s license, credit card, and loyalty card information.
- Barcode reader accurately captures reservation confirmation
- Traffic re-direction from Rental Agents, reducing wait times and staffing requirements.
The solution resulted in Vanguards recognition as Industry Leader of the Year at the 2007 Self-Service Excellence Awards.
For more information please call 1-800-509-5471 or send us a request for more information.