Inmate commissary and banking integrate with jail management systems.
Swanson, Huber, The State of Missouri, J-Pay, Securus, and Sentinel are all KIOSK clients with a range of solutions to efficiently manage prison bank accounts, commissary purchases - even requests for medicines and medical attention.
Among the most widely deployed solutions is the Swanson’s Cobra Cashier, deployed in over 225 jails and prisons. Coupled with over 600 inmate wall mount kiosks, their solution automates secure banking transactions, reassigns staff to priority areas and increases revenue through commissary sales and debt collection.
- Automate secure banking transactions: The Cobra Kiosk software introduces verified debit / credit transactions in addition to cash, a key feature that eliminates fraudulent transactions.
- Reassign staff: Utilizing the kiosk solution, facility employees are no longer needed to handle cash transactions. Staff time can be redirected to focus on facility priorities - safety and security concerns.
- Increase revenue & collection efforts: The ability to secure deposits 24-hours a day improves the flow of money credited to the inmates’ account and debited into facility accounts. The inmate / inmate family can manage the account:
- Pay down debt incurred while in the facility.
- Make new commissary purchases.
With the ease of accepting deposits during off-hours, and confidence of real-time debit / credit card verification, facilities saw an average of 15% increase in deposits. Commissary sales increased 15-20% and collections went up 10%. Additionally, correctional Institutions with the Cobra Kiosk™ experienced an immediate reduction in the number of correctional staff required to manage the banking process. Employees were reassigned to serve in different positions promoting safety and security throughout the facility.